Saturday, November 13, 2010Saturday, November 13, 2010
Things are moving on fine, I think i'm always lucky to have a few buddies whom I can practise seriously and yet had lots of retarded fun during practical.
All of us did ok for the test, much to our relief. Even though there are, of course, people who didn't put in effort in whatever they are doing. Even people who knew they may OOC, are putting in more effort to pass the test -___-
Another 7 weeks!! I think some other batches are already finishing their training and getting their beret already DD: I hope my turn comes really soon
--
Watching movies have really became a favourite past time for me nowadays that I don't go outside so often.
I have not watched Inception yet even though I know and I heard it was a really good movie. But I was just lazy to go find it. Till yesterday I was doing a random search on my favourite young actors and actresses (Including Jesse Eisenberg, Chloe Moretz)
and I realize..
Ellen Page is in it! (Whip-it and Juno actress)

ELLEN PAGEEEEEE
For those who watched the movie, she starred as Ariadne, the architect for the dream scape.
So yea, because theres her, im definitely going to watch this movie soon!
----
I was reading unsolved crime cases on the internet a week ago. The cases and happenings are really tragic. I don't know why but i felt compelled to keep on reading.
Theres a case where a girl is abducted on a cruise, and was never found again once the cruise stopped at a land. Despite pleas from the parents of the girl to continue the ride while continuing the search for her daughter, the cruise stopped. The girl was believed to be taken away from the cruise and thus is missing till now.
Another case that was previously unsolved involved a mother who was wrongly accused of murdering her two children via poisoning. But it is actually due to a genetic disorder that resulted in the exhibition of symptoms of poisoning. The case can be found here:
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111526,00.html Luckily there are people who stood up to defend her, since she was previously sentenced for life.
And there are people that FBI turned to for help when they seriously require clues, any possible clues, from external help. There are psychics who are able to retrieve events or information through contact with the evidence. Though I really wonder abt how it actually works o_o..
But other than psychics, there's this interesting person that FBI turned to for help, Jeanne Boylan. She's a person who draw composite drawings (portraits of criminals) for some of the most deadliest and serious crime in America. I was so interested by her talent and ability because her artwork is the closest to the criminals out of most composite artists. And she did it completely from scratch without any visual aid because she believe visual aid will get in the way of the process of retrieving a complete image from the subconscious mind.
Even though it cannot be said that all criminals are caught just because of the drawings she did, but at least her work are recognized XD
According to the book she wrote ( Yep, i borrowed it, its only in AMK library which is like so ulu ): ) "Typically, only 10 to 20 percent of traditional police drawings released are ultimately accurate, which leaves a best-case scenario of 80 percent inaccuracy"
Her ability are unlike psychic abilities like saying "oh i actually have a vision and so i drew it", it actually has a basis in psychology and every time she do a drawing, she's trying to tap out memory from the unconscious mind of the witnesses. She's like an absolute witness, becoming the eye for everyone in public to share the same vision as the witnesses.
She felt that the method of choosing a facial feature out of a catalog is a really bad method for a witness who had suffer from a certain degree of trauma to use. It usually smudge their initial memory as the brain try to blur the vision more and more to allow the witness to recover from the trauma. The method of choosing facial features on catalog only works best for incidents where trauma is minimal, such as pickpocket or someone who didn't pay at the cashier register because the brain has no reason to smudge or blur the information to protect the person from psychological trauma.
Instead, she'd chat with the witnesses, trying to avoid questions directly relating to the criminal or that may provoke memories that the brain is trying to avoid or forget. She also have strong sensitivity to the perception, angles, shadows and lighting of facial features, which is why her drawings are highly detailed I guess. She works with general shape instead of specific features. But it does take some really strong connection with the witness to be established in order to create the drawings.
The whole thing is just so psychological, it fascinates me in a way. I have never know that art and psychology can be combined to do something this complex, other than art therapy.
OK AFTER TALKING ABOUT SUCH COMPLICATED STUFF
I should really sit back and enjoy a good movie (and start exercising for god's sake!)
Blogged