<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/3049292884839888535?origin\x3dhttp://stairstotomorrow.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, January 2, 2010Saturday, January 02, 2010
The first thing I bought for myself in this new year was actually a.. book.

o.o

As a matter of fact, I haven't been reading ever since I entered Poly. I guess my reading speed plunged right down into nowhere

I don't usually read since I can count the number of novels I read in 10 fingers. XD and usually I am rather picky when it comes to the genre of book I read.

And for some reason, I love complicated mystery plot or those surrounding death and departures. XD

And so the book I bought this time is titled "Kokuhaku", meaning "Confessions"

No it's not a love story D:

A picture i took on the web because I am lazy to take a picture myself :X


Kanae Minato’s KOKUHAKU (Confessions), is a dark, thought-provoking narrative of a tragic incident at a junior high school, where a little girl’s lifeless body is discovered in the pool. Her mother, a dedicated teacher, leaves the school accusing two of her students of the murder and revealing the cruel revenge the teacher wrought in the first chapter (which won a new writer’s award as a short mystery story). In the completed book, five more chapters/confessions follow, each darker and more macabre than the last, exposing school bullying, juvenile crime, monster parents, AIDS, and a Heathers-style school bombing plot that will send a chill down the spines of those who turn the pages of this book.
From wordswithoutborders.org

SOUNDS SO EXCITING TO READ. It's being adapted into a movie now as well.

Of course my Japanese is not that well yet to read a novel, so I bought a Chinese translated one thats from Taiwan. (I always believe that a chinese translation will always be closer compared to an english translation s:)


It's written by a housewife by the way, much to my surprise. O= I mean, the content sounds kinda morbid.
Shall start reading it, maybe after I finished this, I will buy another English book to read and goes alternating back and forth XD

I hope the day will come, the day where i can read NOVELS in Japanese

---------------

ANYWAY, I was watching a new segment last night TV and apparently Shanghai officials came up with quite an atrocious system to pronounce English - by pronouncing the chinese characters. It became such a joke inside the country and out of it

IT WAS SO WTFBBQ



CAN YOU GUYS READ THEM XDDD ITS SO INSANE (and very much, pointless)

Easy level
E.g 古的猫宁 (gu de mao-ning) = Good morning
古的衣服宁 (gu de yi-fu-ning) = Good evening

Intermediate level
坎埃海尔扑油 (kan ai hai-er-pu you) = Can I help you
杰斯特哞门特,普利斯 (jie-si-te mou-men-te, pu-li-si) = Just a moment, please

NOW FOR THE HARDER ONE

挨伟哦凡的啊窝考立个否还尔扑 (Ai wei-o fan-di a-wo kao-li-ge fou-hai er-pu)
I will find our colleague for help (WTF?)

俺么搔瑞,挨坎翁累丝鼻科额累偷英格历史
(Ai me sao-rei, ai kan wong-lei si-bi-ke er lei-tou ying-ge-li-shi)
I'm sorry, I can only (WONG-LEI? LOL) speak a little english

I believe there are always so much more alternatives they could use than to come up with these -_-

Still, they're failblog worthy materials. XDDDD

---------------------

And while rushing the report non-stop, I realize we're actually pretty close to finishing it already. All we need now are survey results

SURVEY!! SURVEY!! WHO CAN HELP ME WITH SURVEY!!

Blogged







Creator

WUTEVER

Wishlist


Roars

Noise prohibited

Escapes

Eleanor
Nicolette
Priscilla
mingli
Jessica


Credits

Designer -- X X
Image hosting -- X
Image -- X